CAMP INFORMATION & GUIDELINES
Dates & Times:
- Camps run Monday to Friday, from 9:00am - 4:00pm.
- Note: You must drop off / pick up your child within the hours of 8:30am - 9:00am & 4:00pm - 4:30pm.
Failure to do so will result in an additional fee and may jeopardize your child’s continued participation in the camp.
Lunches, Snacks & Breaks:
- Campers will take snack breaks as well as break for one hour each day at lunchtime - to rest, relax, take nourishment, and rejuvenate.
- Salamander DOES NOT provide snacks, beverages or lunch to campers. A brown bag lunch is required..
- As theatre is hard work, we recommend packing wholesome, high-energy snacks, lunches and fluids (fruit, veggie sticks, granola bars), in an insulated, cooler-type lunch bag if possible, for your child to nibble on throughout the day.
(*Please note: Peanuts, chocolate and candy are not allowed.)
Camp Wrap-up & Performances
- The final performances are an exciting time for all campers as they get to show off everything they've learned at camp. We encourage you and any friends or relatives you wish to invite to come and support your child by attending his/her performance at the end of each session.
- Performance times - Towards the end of each session, the camp counselors will provide the dates and times of these performances to you (usually towards the end of camp).
Back to Top »
FEE & PAYMENT GUIDELINES
Forms of Payment:
- We can now accept all forms of payment (i.e. cheque, money order, cash, credit card and personal PayPal).
- Payments can be mailed or delivered in-person to the Arts Court front reception (ATT: Salamander Camp Registrar). Payments can be paid by credit card via phone, or via PayPal e-email request.
- Camp fees are subject to change each season. Discounts may apply, please read eligibility for sibling discounts below. HST fees may also apply.
- Reminder: We must charge 13% HST for all campers who are 15 years old as of January 1st.
- Administrative and/or cancellation fees may also apply. Please refer to Administrative Fees and Cancellation Policy below.
- SIBLING DISCOUNTS: A 10% discount will be applied to the camp registration fee (not applicable to HST fees) of a second youngest child, and each subsequent child from the same family, registered to attend one of our summer theatre camps.
- If you have received a gift certificate for a full or partial discount, please contact the Camp Registrar to obtain your discount code(s) prior to registering online.
- A $150 deposit (which includes the $25 non-refundable fee) for all camps is due, accompanied by the CAMP REGISTRATION FORM, at the time of registration. However, full payment is expected if registering online.
- The remaining camp fees must be paid no later than the first day of camp and may be paid by a post-dated cheque at the time of registration.
- A $25 NON-REFUNDABLE administrative fee is included in each camp fee. This fee is non-refundable unless Salamander is forced to cancel the camp due to a lack of registrants, at which time all monies paid to Salamander will be refunded.
- Any payments made after the completion of the camp season may be subject to late fees.
- Should there be a balance due on your registration account from the previous year, your current registration may be subject to cancellation unless the balance due has been paid in full.
- In order to ensure your space in a camp, your deposit must be submitted with your registration form; otherwise your space is subject to be offered to another camper.
- In the event that your child must redraw from camp 30 days prior to the start of camp you will be refunded your paid balance minus the $25 non-refundable administrative fee.
- If you cancel your registration within two weeks prior to the start of camp, the paid balance minus your deposit fee ($100) may be refunded ONLY if we are able to fill your spot with someone from our waiting list.
- If your child is withdrawn after the first day of camp for reasons other than illness or hospitalization, no refunds will be offered.
- However, in the event that Salamander Theatre is forced to cancel a camp due to a lack of registrants, all monies paid to Salamander will be refunded.
All cancellation requests MUST BE received in writing, prior to the start of camps.
Cheques should be made payable to: Salamander Theatre
Back to Top »
SUBMITTING YOUR PAYMENT & REGISTRATION BY MAIL
Please direct all questions, cancellation requests and mail-in registrations to:
ATT: Camp Registrar
Salamander Theatre for Young Audiences
2 Daly Avenue
Ottawa, ON K1N 6E2
If questions, please contact the Camp Registrar or call 613-569-5629.
Back to Top »